Monday, April 11, 2011

Crayon Melt Easter Eggs

So I've been busy with things that I can't post but my AWESOME photographer friend
Dawn Gilstrap has been busy also with something I CAN post!
With her permission (since she doesn't have a personal blog but DOES have a photography site)
I'm posting her eggs here!
Take a look at these Easter Eggs she created with her kids at a party she hosted.






HOW: Have lots of crayon shavings ready and as soon as the eggs are done in the water take them out, dry them off, and put the shavings on top.  Watch them melt into prettiness!!!!


I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS!  Especially since we do organic eggs in this house.  They are brown and hard to dye!  This is GREAT!  Thanks Dawn!!!!!


Linking to:
UndertheTableandDreaming



Chocolate Drool and Kisses

5 comments:

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

Great idea for kids. I'm your newest follower from the linky party at Homemaker on a Dime. Stop by when you get a chance:
http://directionsnotincluded.blogspot.com/

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Thanks for sharing this post with me. This is definitely a cool project I might try with my nieces.

Bethany

P.S. thanks for the nice comment on my epic fail post. It's nice to have the encouragement.

♥ Miss Tea said...

I Love easters eggs and those are so cuteee!! always love projects making easter eggs :)

I'm your newest follower from Creative Bloggers' and Hop, i would love it if you could follow me back :)

Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Awesome idea about leftover crayons! Great job! Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

Very cute, and great way to use up those broken stubby crayons. Thanks for linking up on my Sharing Monday party.
Crystal