Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pink Sweet SIX-Teen-IETH

To help my mom celebrate her SIXTIETH, or as we like to call it, Sixteenieth, we threw a GRAND surprise party!
Her FAVORITE color is PINK.  So of course EVERYTHING had to be PINK!

We even asked in the invitation (by WH Cards) for everyone to WEAR pink.
And most of them did!

We had a beautifully PINK food table (with a few veggies thrown in):

OF course we had "ROSiE" cookies and cupcakes:
mini cupcakes by The Cookie Princess
cupcake toppers (that match the invitations) by me and my Silhouette.

cookies also by The Cookie Princess

Milk bottles were purchased at Polka Dot Market.
filler is from Hobby Lobby in the floral department.
Mini cupcakes fit PERFECTLY in the top of the milk bottles.
WARNING: The filler is VERY staticy

Below is my FAVORITE display:
striped and polka dot straws inside pink gumballs all purchased at
Polka Dot Market
Trifle dish from Pampered Chef with a
drinking glass inside to hold the straws (borrowed from our hostess, Amy.)

We missed getting a picture of the pink punch.  Probably because it was SOOOO good it didn't last long :)  I will see if Amy will give me the recipe to post.

More Silhouette FUN: the plate has the same circle as the cupcake toppers.
the hat I cut out with two different papers and then tore and placed to make one adorable hat! And all of the "cards" were print and cut on the Silhouette.

The "R" in the photo I scanned and traced to cut on my silhouette (would have been easier to just trace on the reverse side of the paper)
then just cut one inch strips to cover the edges.
The eggs were a steal at Hobby Lobby and the Polka Dot Balloons are also
from Polka Dot Market, another hat in the pic just for fun and a book borrowed from the princess of the house, PINK.
 Tissue Poms and milk bottles from Polka Dot Market
White Dishes from my grandmother (Rosie's mom), Godiva Strawberry truffles from Target. Pink Paris Wrapping Paper on the table is from our hostess.

Amy made this awesome banner with brown paper and paint.

this is where the birthday girl thought she was going.
to a little boy's 6th birthday party

waiting on the birthday girl to arrive:

So the MOST FUN, MOST TALKED about thing at the party was the
PHOTO BOOTH!!!
I found this idea here and shared it with our hosts.
Pete RAN with it!
Check this out:

Pete's lights! Balloons and pink Lanterns holding them from Polka Dot Market
PINK helium tank: wonderful accident.  We had NO idea it was pink until we pulled it out of the box.  Then we just stuck an "R" on it for pretty.

PROPS: Everyone grab a prop

Props created mosty by the Silhouette and some pink paper.
Then hot glued onto some dowel rods and kabob skewers.

And HERE are some of the photos!
EVERY one who came to the party went to the photo booth.
I kept asking if they had been there (especially the one's I knew wouldn't do it) and to my surprise EVERY one replied they had been already.  AND They were telling the truth!  It really was a FUN FUN FUN Thing!
Helps to have a GREAT photographer too.  Thanks, Pete!


Here are some more photos:
including all the "grandkids" in their My Nana RockS shirts I made
find out more here


Rockin' Kids

They needed some fluids after that!



My precious family with the birthday girl!



The birthday girl and me!  LOVE YOU, MOM!

A VERY special THANK YOU to Amy, Pete, Bubby, Jen, Kiki, Pam, Gigi for making this a HUGE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!









Weekend Bloggy Reading



Tatertots And Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party

I <3 Naptime Sundae Scoop Weekend Wrap Up Party



Chocolate Drool and Kisses

10 comments:

lakegirls said...

Hey Wendi~LOVE your blog! WOW-You did an amazing job on your mom's party~TOO FUN:0)...Thank you again for the help with the sailboats..they turned out fabulous! I will send you a pic on Monday of the door!
Thanks Again!
Kelli

Courtney said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! My mom turns 60 next March...I may copy this idea!!!

Kelli W said...

That looks like such an awesome party! I love all the pink and the photo booth is so much fun!

Lolly Jane said...

What a BLAST! This is great- We would ♥ for you to show this off at our link party!

Lolly Jane
lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

aww how fun! I LOVE all the pink! What a great idea for the photo booth!

Kristin said...

Really cute party! You thought of everything!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

What a fun party!! I love the photo booth.

Visiting from I ♥ Naptime!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What an incredible party! I love those pictures from your photo booth!!

xoxo
Jen

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

That is so sweet of you! I'm sure the party was a blast :)

Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

wow, now that's a party! love all your ideas, found you through homemaker on a dime