Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Project Purple version of a Meal Planner

Here is my version of a MEAL PLANNER:
It's on my pantry door.  Remember when I did my pantry makeover?
Well I've been slacking in the cooking department.
So to get myself motivated I decided to take this Meal Planner Board
and Project Purple it!

I have tried to do meal planning before but always felt like I had to do 5-7 meals a week.  That never worked as we'd eat out, one set or both sets would take us out during the week, one set or both sets would cook for us during the week or we'd have enough left overs we could have lunch and dinner the next day.
(these are NOT complaints just the facts.)  So I decided since there are four of us we could each pick one dinner for the week. 
So I added to my pantry door
purple vinyl cut on my silhouette
People's Choice Menu
an S, D, W & B
The hook was already under the B from our snack stickers
(see pantry makeover or below)
So I added 4 more command hooks and hung our stickers back 
Then I did a "print and cut" on my silhouette.
I typed all of our favorite meals
(the black line on the bottom indicates a side/veggie item)
 Then my favorite guy and I laminated, cut, corner rounded and hole punched the meals and side/veggie tags.
Now we can each pick at the beginning of the week, shop together for our items on the list and eat healthier! 


If you're curious here is whats on the list:
MEALS:
Broccoli, Mac & Cheese
Burgers
Cheese Burger Salad
Chicken Dippers
Chicken Dumplings
Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken Salad
Chili
Corn Dogs & Veggies
Cowboy Beans
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Eggs & Waffles
Enchiladas
Fish Tacos
Green Onion Fish
Hot Dog Salad
Nachos
Oven Chicken Salad
Pizza Soup
Quesadillas
Red, Wine & Blue Burgers
Sausage & Peppers
Shepherd's Pie
Sloppy Joes
Spaghetti
Spaghetti Soup
Sweet & Sour Freddies
Taco Salad
Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
Tuna Melts
Waldorf Penne Salad

SIDES:
Asparagus
Brussel Sprouts
Carrot Salad
Corn & Tomato Salad
Corn on the Cob
Cowboy Slaw
Cucumber Salad
Fruit Salad
Green Beans
Green Salad
Peas, Corn & Carrots
Pine Nut & Orange Rice
Risotto
Spinach Salad
Steamed Carrots
Wedge Salad


If you want a recipe for anything above, just email me!

2 comments:

Jenn Erickson said...

Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!

What a wonderful and chic meal planner! I love your idea of letting each family member choose a meal!

So pleased to "meet" you!

New follower,
Jenn/Rook No. 17

Wendy said...

What a creative way of doing a menu! Thank you for posting it.