Friday, February 25, 2011

Giraffe & I Spy Wall

D LOVES Giraffes.  Not sure how this came about.  I first learned about this love when Myka was watching them one night and asked him what his favorite animal was.  A giraffe.  I had no idea until she shared it with me AND it has NOT changed.  That was 3 years ago.  So when I went to paint his room it had to have a Giraffe wall.  BUT I couldn't just leave it at that SO it is a Giraffe I Spy wall. 
He loves to look at it and find shapes.  There are several intentional "spots": 5 (his age), Kite, Cowboy hat (under the cowboy hats on the right), B (for his brother), in the bottom left corner kind of behind the dresser it says "<3 MOM" you can see the last m.  It's VERY fun and we always have something to talk about.  Don't look too close as it was all done free hand and on a whim.  There are two different color "spots" also.  The first color was too dark to do the whole wall but I thought the contrast looked cool.

3 comments:

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

What a cute project!!! I love the hidden shapes!

Also, I have a great Dove chocolate giveaway going on right now and would love if stopped by and entered: http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/2011/02/dove-chocolate-discoveries-giveaway.html

~Katie @ Eye Spy DIY

:) said...

That is amazing. Good work!

Fowl Single File said...

I had fun trying to spot all the shapes...how fun! Lucky guy!